Each year the Muskoka Community Foundation invites registered charities in the District of Muskoka to apply for a grant from our Smart & Caring Muskoka Fund.
The Smart & Caring Muskoka Fund is a community fund created by MCF in November 2012 as a response to Governor General David C. Johnston’s challenge to Canadians to come together and build a smarter, more caring nation that holds promise for all.
This page will be updated with the grant application, the process details and the closing date as they become available. If you have any questions about grants, please contact Lynn DeCaro, Executive Director at 705-646-1220 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a grant from MCF:
- A registered charity as defined by Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), located in and providing services in the District of Muskoka.
- The proposed work must qualify as charitable and benefit a community or communities in Muskoka.
- The granted funds must be used to provide for the betterment of Muskoka.
- Projects must have a well-defined purpose and cover a specific time period.
- All successful applicants will be required to provide a written summary of the grant’s impact at the conclusion of their initiative.
Grants from the Smart & Caring Muskoka Fund will not be given:
- to cover operating deficits or retire debts
- to provide endowment funds
- for sectarian, religious, or political purposes
- to individuals
Approval of a grant does not commit MCF to future funding.
All successful applicants will be asked to publicly acknowledge MCF’s support of their initiative and partner with MCF in sharing the good news about their grant and initiative with the community of Muskoka.
Applications will be accepted from To Be Announced
Please include the following with your submission:
- The completed and signed application form
- A copy of your charity’s last annual financial statements (audited or unaudited)
- A list of your current Board of Directors and their roles
We will acknowledge that we’ve received your application, and we will contact you if we need additional information.
By signing this application the applicant expressly acknowledges and consents to release of information as required by MCF regarding applications received, decisions made and other matters relating to the granting process and in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
All decisions by the Muskoka Community Foundation board are final and not subject to review.