Muskoka Community Foundation is a registered charity founded in 2007 by a group of dedicated volunteers to create permanent endowment funds and flow through funds that would benefit Muskoka’s charities and their important work, now and for generations to come.
We foster community vitality by
- Bringing Muskokans together to celebrate community at events like our annual Smart & Caring Muskoka Celebration, building capacity in our non-profit sector at our Governance Workshops, and addressing key community issues at symposiums such as our Wasan Island Retreat.
- Connecting donors with the causes they care about and ensuring their contributions continue to grow.
- Granting the investment income from endowment funds to a wide range of Muskoka charities.
Working together to make a lasting impact on our communities
With the generous help of our donors we have granted in excess of $148,600 directly to a variety
of registered charities throughout Muskoka, including:
- Annual grants from the Smart & Caring Muskoka Fund to support initiatives that build vitality by addressing major issues in our community such as poverty and quality of life for our senior population.
- Over $70,000 to the public and separate school board’s charitable trusts to help more than 200 of Muskoka’s elementary and high school students participate in educational and life-changing experiences.
- $42,600 in scholarships from the Stan Darling Environmental Education Fund to 36 high school graduates from Muskoka and Parry Sound.